Journal of Hunan University (Natural Sciences) (ISSN 1674-2974, CN 43-1061/N) is a comprehensive academic journal, administrated by the Ministry of Education of China, sponsored by Hunan University, and published by Periodical Department of Hunan University. It was founded in 1956, published bimonthly until 2006, and published monthly since 2007.
The Journal is mainly devoted to publishing academic papers and reports that are of creativeness and present the latest achievement of scientific research, and the columns include: civil engineering, mechanical and vehicle engineering, electrical and information engineering, computer science and engineering, materials science and engineering. Contributions from the above fields are welcome.
Since 2014, the Journal has been publishing according to two different volumes alternately. To be specific, Volume A focuses on civil engineering, composed of 6 issues annually (No.1, No.3, No.5, No.7, No.9, and No.11), and the rest columns are packed into Volume B, which is also composed of 6 issues annually (No.2, No.4, No.6, No.8, No.10, and No.12).
In recent years, the Journal was consecutively awarded “The High-quality Scientific Journal in Chinese Universities” by the Ministry of Education of China in 2016, 2018 and 2020, “The First Prize of Excellent Quality of Compilation of Scientific Journals in Chinese Universities” in 2009, “The Second Prize of Chinese Online Excellent Scientific Journals” in 2010. Meanwhile, it won twice the honor as one of the ten most influential scientific journals in Hunan Province.
The Journal is one of the source publications of EI Compendex, Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST), INSPEC Acquisitions Section, the Institute of Scientific Information (VINITI), Nederland Scopus, etc.
Articles are preferably submitted by web site http://hdxbzkb.cnjournals.net/ch/index.aspx in formats of doc/docx (all including figures if any) without the need to send a hard copy.
Submission implies that the manuscript has not been published previously, and is not currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Please include your E-mail address, phone and fax numbers on the first page of the manuscript.
After submitted successfully, please wait for email that will be sent by Editorial Office after a proper process. Then you can trace the status of your manuscript and referees’ comments at web site http://hdxbzkb.cnjournals.net/ch/index.aspx
All contributions will be first assessed by the editors for suitability for the journal. By making full use of the appropriate software, editors should ensure that each manuscript is of originality. After passing this test made by the software, the manuscript is sent to two reviewers for double-blind peer review.
The editors will re-review the revised papers and the Editor-in-Chief is responsible for the final decision on acceptance or rejection of papers. The review on scientific quality will focus on research fronts and the innovativeness of the research work.
Peer review is free of charge and publishing fee will be charged after paper acceptance. The papers with favorable ratings and the papers reporting research fronts are free for publication. The deletion, addition or reorder of author names in the authorship list could only be made before publication.
Follow this order when typing manuscripts: Title, Authors, Affiliations, Abstract (Chinese), Key words (Chinese), Abstract (English), Key words (English), Main text (Introduction, Material and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion), References.
The title should be brief and concise, accurately expressing the article. And generally speaking, the length of title should be within 20 Chinese words, and don’t use subtitles as soon as possible.
Author(s) name(s) and affiliations
A list of all authors, as well as the corresponding addresses, should be provided. Each address should be preceded by a numerical superscript corresponding to the same superscript after the name of the author concerned. Addresses should contain all information necessary for effective mail delivery.
Abstract and Key words
The quality of the abstract is very important, it will decide whether or not your article can be included in EI Compendex, etc. The abstract and title will stand as an independent article in the database. The abstract should be objective, concise and logical, and the length of abstract should be within 300 words. Generally speaking, the abstract should contain the purposes, methods, results and conclusions. To be specific,
1) Purpose: why do you want to do this research and what is the significance of this research? Propose questions first, so your article takes a clear position.
2) Methods: how the research was conducted, and the specific experimental means you adopted.
3) Results: the statistical outcomes or quantified findings of your study. Please notice that the results are objective and specific.
4) Conclusions: the general principles, rules which can be inferred from the specific results.
Key words of 4~8 are required. Abstract and Key words should be provided in both Chinese and English.
The primary task of the introduction is to outline the research background, history, the problems already solved and the achievements already made, and the problems still unsolved and new problems found. That is to say, the introduction is a brief review or summary of the relevant literatures of the related fields. The authors should make an objective evaluation or comparison of the previous researches, pointing out the problems and unsolved technological gaps, and then propose new way(s) and new idea(s) to solve one of these problems, thus displaying the motivation and significance of your own research in this paper.
Figures and Tables
1) Figures and Tables should be numbered consecutively in the order to which they are referred in the text. All the titles for the Figures and Tables should be bilingual in Chinese and English.
2) For scanned images, you should provide JPG or TIF and line drawings at a precision of 1 200 dpi, gray-scale map 600 dpi, and color graphs 300 dpi.
3) In coordinate graphs, the name of vertical and horizontal axis must be marked as well as the international units.
4) Photographs, charts and diagrams are all to be referred to as "Figure(s)".
Units and Symbols
Units and Symbols should conform to the latest standards of the National Legal Measurement Unit (GB 3100-93), and the International System of Units (SI unit).
Foreign characters in the text should be case sensitive, with distinct superscript and subscripts, as well as clear bold characters (tensor, vector symbols).
1) Every reference cited in the text should be present in the reference list (and vice versa).
2) The sequential coding system is adopted according to the sequence of references cited in the paper. The cited references should be sequentially marked as a number enclosed in square brackets in the text. The authors’ name shall be written as with family name before given name, abbreviating foreign authors’ given name, and separating each name with a comma. List all authors when there are three or fewer, while only list the first three when there are more than three, others are omitted by “et al”.
3) All Chinese literatures must be presented in both Chinese and English.